Because we understand that jewelers, artists, and crafts people
bring their own unique style to a project, we have created a place on our website called Shop talk. Shop talk is a virtual place
where jewelers, artists, and crafts people can share ideas, tips, and information about gemstones and jewelry making. If you have an
idea, tip, or question that you would like to share email us and let us know.
Metal Clay Information and Organizations
- Graham Faceting - We have known Jeff for years. He sells faceting and cabbing rough; faceting equipment and books. This is also good source for information on faceting.
- Bergs Rock Shop - We have known Jan and Bob for twenty years. They have lapidary supplies, tumblers, books and much more.
- Gem Line Inc - We are commited to bringing fine quality gemstones, exceptional value and safe secure shopping to the internet community.
Educational and Information
- Metal Clay Artist Magazine - Metal Clay Artist Magazine
- Margret Schindel Lens - Information about techniques for working with metal clay
- The PMC Guild - The PMC Guild is an educational organization founded in 1997 to promote instruction, research, teaching and exhibition of Precious Metal Clay.
- Art Clay Society - Art Clay Society is an organization dedicated to metal clay artists, hobbyists, and enthusiasts, for their educational and creative needs. Art Clay Society is a means of networking and communication between artisans, supplying technique information and broadening metal clay horizons worldwide.
- Lorrene Davis Designs - Lorrene teaches jewelry classes and metal clay classes in California including the Revere Academy of San Francisco. She has published Setting Gemstones in Metal Clay, it is a small book packed with techniques and instructions.
- Hadar Jacobson -Textures: Art in clay - Hadar Jacobson teaches jewelry classes and Metal Clay classes in Berkeley. Hadar has just published The Handbook of Metal Clay: Textures and Forms; this handbook is intended both for beginners and experienced users of metal clay. It introduces tools and techniques through projects, rather than introducing them in a separate section
- Gold and Silversmith Guilds - Nonprofit educational organizations of jewelers, designers and metalsmiths
- Gemological Institute of America, GIA - GIA's mission is to ensure the public trust in gems and jewelry by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science, and professionalism through education, research, laboratory services, and instrument development.
- The International Guild of Wire Jewelry Artists - The International Guild of Wire Jewelry Artists, Inc. promotes wire art jewelry, seeks public recognition of the art form, educates wire artists, and works to improve business aspects of the art.
- Society of American Silversmiths - The Society of American Silversmiths is the world's #1 resource for anything related to the silversmith's art and craft. SAS was founded in April 1989 as the nation's only professional organization devoted solely to the preservation and promotion of contemporary Silversmithing.
- Robert James International School of Gemology - We are pleased to present the new, updated ISG Registered Gemologist Appraiser Program in gemology. This new program structure incorporates our ISG Classroom-At-Home concept of gemology study, with our standing as Certified Continuing Education providers for the US Insurance Industry, to bring you the finest in certified gemology and appraisal training available anywhere.....and at any price. Please contact us for any questions on this new ISG structure.
Robert James FGA, GG. President of the ISG.
- Society of North American Goldsmiths - Society of North American Goldsmiths - www.snagmetalsmith.org - encourages professional excellence, supports education, and advances the jewelry and metal arts. SNAG is dedicated to creating greater public awareness and appreciation of the metal arts.
- Ganoksin - The gem and jewelry world's foremost information resource on the Internet. Open to the public, Free of charge - a substantial library of articles, publications, reports, and technical data on gem and jewelry related topics; as well as a sizable collection of art and jewelry galleries, for both the casual visitor and the professional.
- American Craft Council - Join the American Craft Council, a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to fostering an environment in which craft is understood and valued.
- For Short and Simple Web Development and Application Design - We specialize in creating custom solutions for client's. Whether it is an internet site for everybody, a local intranet for internal use or custom applications for internal or external use. We also offer a wide range of web-related skills such as search engine optimization & submission and site optimization. We want to help people bridge the gap between fading technologies of yesterday with todays technology while maintaining an easy to manage and easy to migrate path to emerging technologies of tomrrow and beyond.